Even safer in our hands
New certification to minimise online threats
Silverbear has reinforced its commitment to cyber security by successfully achieving Cyber Essentials certification (11 May 2018).
What is Cyber Essentials?
Since 1 October 2014, the UK Government introduced a requirement for suppliers bidding for certain information handling contracts to be Cyber Essentials certified. The Cyber Essentials scheme is a government-backed, industry-supported assurance mechanism for companies of any size which protects them against common online threats.
What are the benefits?
According to the UK Government, the five security controls within Cyber Essentials certification could prevent “about 80% of cyber attacks”. Correctly implemented cyber security practices help an organisation drive business efficiency and improve productivity. The certification shows that robust technical controls have been put in place to:
- secured a company’s internet connection
- secure its devices and software
- control access to its data and services
- protect its systems from viruses and other malware
- keep its devices and software up to date.
What does it mean for our customers?
Achieving Cyber Essentials certification demonstrates Silverbear’s due diligence in managing and minimising its cyber risks. The certification is an assurance that Silverbear is taking the appropriate steps to manage and mitigate cyber risk in its business practices. Essentially, the certification signals that:
- Silverbear has base-level security certification to demonstrate that it has key controls in place.
- Employees are primarily office-based and their IT equipment is under the company’s administration, typically not leaving the premises.
- Physical and technical controls are in place to restrict access for third parties, such as client and suppliers visiting the office.
Georgie Howard, Head of Support and Operations, who led the certification bid, said:
“We are constantly seeking to enhance our customers’ experience, so it is great to be able to offer this extra level of assurance to our clients through this accreditation.”