Graphics - Detail 2

The background

Dublin Chamber is the largest and most influential B2B networking organisation in Dublin. They represent more than 1,300 businesses throughout the Greater Dublin region, collectively employing 300,000 people nationally. Dublin Chamber identified that its CRM platform could not optimise its member engagement strategy and was no longer supporting its strategic vision for growth, so it began searching for a CRM supplier with in-depth knowledge of the membership sector.


The project

Prior to selecting Silverbear, Dublin Chamber had undergone an unsuccessful attempt to simultaneously update both its CRM platform and website. 

Joanne Doran, Head of IT and Digital Projects was appointed project manager for the digital transformation programme and as part of initial scoping, encountered Silverbear at one of its regular ‘CRM Select Seminars’ (run in partnership with Memberwise). Joanne was impressed by Silverbear’s deep understanding of the unique requirements of a membership organisation.

This membership organisation focus meant that Silverbear could commit to delivering the entire project within a nine-month timeframe.

Following a competitive tender process, Silverbear was selected to deliver the project as a result of its membership experience and ability to deliver a fully integrated solution within a short timeframe.

"We were in a very challenging position for a year. Our attempt to upgrade our website in tandem with our CRM system had failed. Then we met Silverbear, whose team demonstrated that Silverbear 365 could offer 85 per cent of what we needed from its ‘off-the-shelf’ solution, and that the remaining 15 per cent could be achieved with relative ease. Furthermore, they promised a nine-month installation timeframe, which was less than a third of the three years we’d spent implementing our former CRM platform.” Joanne Doran, Head of IT and Digital Projects at Dublin Chamber of Commerce


The result

The project went live on 8th April 2019 - only six months after implementation began.

Not only was the entire project delivered 33% quicker than the scheduled nine-month timeframe, but also it was delivered without incurring any additional cost.

Now, Dublin Chamber has full member engagement functionality including event management and booking, invoicing capability, room bookings and membership directory. Through the platform, the Chamber is also able to fulfil its role as the national guaranteeing association for ATA Carnets in Ireland – the provision of international customs and temporary export-import documents – a bespoke function that Silverbear developed specifically for the Chamber.

It also has access to more data than ever before, which allows for easy reporting and instant visibility of member engagement levels.

Finally, the solution was implemented using the Microsoft Dataverse cloud-based platform, which has enabled the Chamber to leverage Microsoft’s latest technologyadvancements, incorporate a CRM platform that will continually be upgraded in line with Microsoft’s own development and always receive 100 per cent product support from Microsoft.

The project met all its milestones, key people remained on the project for the duration and the Silverbear team shared their insights into the membership sector more broadly. It has been a fantastic experience.


Joanne Doran

Head of IT and Digital Projects, Dublin Chamber of Commerce

Graphics - Detail 2

Let's have a chat

Get in touch
Logo - Bear only Get in touch