The PARN 2014 Professional Body Sector Review
Are you aware of an organisation called PARN - The Professional Associations Research Network? They’re a non-profit membership organisation for professional bodies, offering expertise, experience and perspective on key issues in the sector through research, consultancy, networking, events and training.
We’ve been working with them on some recent special interest groups and other events, ensuring that we remain up to date with the key issues in the industry so that we can ensure our membership solution remains as relevant and cutting-edge as possible.
They recently released their 2014 Professional Body Sector Review, which we thought we’d share on our blog.
This 64 page document includes a host of information that is useful and interesting for all professional membership bodies.
- Examining the distinguishing features of the professional body sector and its significance to the economy and society as a whole
- Exploring some of the leadership challenged faced by several prominent CEOs
- Case studies relating to the rise of Chartership – why this is something professional bodies strive for and how some featured organisations became Chartered
- How professional bodies can introduce mediation as a service
- How membership organisations can expand their membership internationally
- Some benchmarking practices for organisations to measure themselves against:
- Dealing with accreditation
- Processing complaints
- Managing member networks
- Revising membership fees and structures
As you can see they’ve managed to fit a lot of useful information in this guide – we recommend you download it and read it straight away!
Download the PDF version now!
Silverbear are proud to sponsor the annual PARN Communication Special Interest Group (SIG). This SIG meets four times a year to discuss the latest trends and developments in communication techniques and practices. The next meeting will be held in October. Please contact us or PARN if you are interested in attending.