Associations Congress 2014 - Post Event Summary
Last week we headed over to the Hilton Wembley for two days of rich content and association led case studies focused entirely on the unique challenges that associations face.
The congress is unlike other association events as over 80% of the speakers are from associations – who have the real experience of solving key industry issues. They then invite a small number of consultants (such as Silverbear) who provide a broader perspective in some key areas to attend and exhibit.
The two days were split into six streams:
- Stream A: Membership: Relevance and engagement
- Stream B: Conferences & Events: Harnessing the full revenue potential
- Stream C: Growth & Development
- Stream D: Digital Delivery, Content & the Web
- Stream E: Conference & Events: Doing more for less
- Stream F: Education and Professional Development
We found the whole event to be really interesting and worthwhile. It was great being out on the floor and being able to talk to so many associations directly. There's a real air of positivity in the air at the moment, and we felt a lot of associations were really wanting to take advantage of the technology and solutions available to them, to help grow and build their organisations.
The presentations, as always, were excellent and many people said they came away inspired with new ideas and strategies to incorporate into their association plans for 2015.